Restoril (Temazepam): In MS this medication is typically used
for the treatment of insomnia (difficulty falling or staying asleep).
“Restoril belongs to a group of drugs
called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). It affects
chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause sleep
Restoril is used to treat insomnia symptoms, such as trouble
falling or staying asleep.
Restoril may also be used for other purposes not listed in this
medication guide.” - Drugs.com
Matt: Temazepam works great! I only take it when I really, really,
need it as it could become useless if I take it all the time. Plus I
want to be able to sleep on my own if and when I can!
Possible Side Effects:
- weak or shallow breathing;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- confusion, slurred speech, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- hallucinations, agitation, aggression;
- thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- problems with urination; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark
urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or
- daytime drowsiness (or during hours when you are not normally
- amnesia or forgetfulness;
- muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination;
- numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling;
- headache, blurred vision, depressed mood;
- feeling nervous, excited, or irritable;
- nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort; or
- dry mouth, increased thirst.